In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spiced Pakistani beef keema with potatoes, green beans, and tomatoes
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Treat your taste buds to Pakistani keema. We use an all-star lineup of spices—curry powder, garlic, turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon—to achieve that deep, rich flavor without the burn.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 6 organic scallions
- 1¼ pounds organic gold or red new potatoes
- ¼ pound organic green beans
- 2 organic Roma or other tomatoes
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket keema spice blend (curry powder - granulated garlic - turmeric - ground ginger - cinnamon)
Calories 560, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 350mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 66g (24% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions. Set aside 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] for garnish and the rest for cooking with the keema.
- Scrub the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into ½-inch pieces.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; coarsely chop the tomatoes.
Prep your protein
- Ground meat (including plant based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; crumble or cut into ¼-inch pieces.
Start cooking your protein
In a large frying pan [large sauce pot] over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until the protein is lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the protein to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Wipe out the pan.
Cook the keema
In the same pan [pot] used for your protein, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in your protein, garlic, and all except 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] scallions and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the keema spice blend and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the potatoes, green beans, and 2½ cups [4 cups] water and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and beans are tender and your protein is cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the tomatoes, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the keema to individual plates, garnish with the remaining scallions, and serve.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the scallions.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Measure the water for the keema.
- Garnish with the scallions.