In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spiced pork chops with braised apple, cabbage, and cranberries
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
These paleo, gluten-free pork chops paired with antioxidant-rich cranberries, cabbage, and apple will keep you feeling great.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket warming spice blend (granulated garlic - ground ginger - fenugreek - cinnamon - dried thyme)
- ¼ cup organic fresh cranberries
- 1 cup vegetable broth
Calories 370, Total Fat 13g (17% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 360mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 33g (12% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and apple
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Peel the apple, if desired; core and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Divide into two equal portions, one for the cabbage and one for garnish.
Prep and brown the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and the warming spice blend.
Cook the vegetables and fruit; finish the pork
Add the pork and any accumulated juices, nestling the pork among the vegetables. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the broth is thickened slightly and the pork is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the onion.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.