In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spiced sole with sesame-zucchini fries and tomato aioli
Gluten-Free Friendly, Keto-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
We created a light twist on classic fish-and-chips with pan-cooked fish, roasted zucchini fries, and tomato aioli for a dip-worthy spin on tartar sauce.
In your bag
- 2 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 egg
- Sunbasket almond-sesame blend (almond meal - sesame seeds - nutritional yeast)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoons paleo mayo
- Sunbasket tomato blend (tomatoes - tomato paste - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika - anchovy paste - turmeric)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket fish spice blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - coriander - sweet paprika - dried dill)
Calories 530, Total Fat 40g (51% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 160mg (53% DV), Sodium 620mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 19g (7% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (almond), Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the sesame-zucchini fries
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut the zucchini in half crosswise, then lengthwise into quarters.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl, season with salt and pepper, and lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the almond-sesame blend with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Grease a sheet pan with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil.
- In a large bowl, season the zucchini with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the arrowroot powder, and toss to coat.
Bread and roast the sesame-zucchini fries
Working with several zucchini fries at a time, dip into the egg; let the excess drip off, then gently press into the almond-sesame blend, coating all over. Transfer to the prepared sheet pan and arrange in a single layer.
Roast, flipping the fries halfway through, until golden brown and just tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the tomato aioli; when the fries are almost done, cook the fish.
Make the tomato aioli
In a small bowl, stir together the mayo and tomato blend; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper and the fish spice blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking.
Add the fish, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, turning once, until the fish is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
For snapper and barramundi:
Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Transfer the fish and sesame-zucchini fries to individual plates and serve the tomato aioli on the side.
- Season the almond-sesame blend; spread on a plate.
- Grease a sheet pan with oil.
- Toss the zucchini with salt, pepper, and arrowroot powder.
- Make the tomato aioli.
- Time the cooking.