In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy barbacoa chicken sliders with cabbage-apple slaw
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Our spicy chipotle barbacoa glaze heats up these one-pan chicken sliders, while our cooling cabbage-apple slaw comes together in a flash.
In your bag
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- Sunbasket spicy chipotle barbacoa glaze (tomato paste - Dijon mustard - chipotle chiles in gluten-free adobo - maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt - cinnamon)
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- Sunbasket slaw dressing base (onion - red wine vinegar - garlic)
- 3 ounces organic shredded Savoy or other cabbage
- 4 slider buns
Calories: 510, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 16g (25% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 770mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates: 54g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Set aside half the barbacoa glaze for serving.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the cabbage-apple slaw.
Make the cabbage-apple slaw
- Core and cut the apple into matchsticks.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the jalapeño crosswise. Wash your hands after handling.
Toast the buns; assemble the sliders
Place the bun bottoms, cut sides up, on a work surface. Top with the chicken and cabbage-apple slaw. Close with the bun tops.
- Time the chicken.
- Measure the oil for the slaw dressing.
- Stir the dressing.