In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy barbacoa pulled-pork sliders with mango slaw
Soy-Free, Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Smoky chipotle and pickled jalapeño bring the flavors of open-flame cooking to these juicy pulled-pork sliders, cooled with a mango slaw. You’ll be drooling in no time.
In your bag
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 organic mango
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 4 slider buns
- Sunbasket spicy chipotle barbacoa glaze (tomato paste - Dijon mustard - chipotle chiles in gluten-free adobo - maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt - cinnamon)
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños (optional)
Calories 540, Total Fat 15g (19% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 980mg (43% DV), Total Carb. 67g (24% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 32g (Incl. 5g Added Sugars, 10% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the mango slaw
- Juice the lemon. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit into halves. Thinly slice the halves crosswise.
In a large bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Add the radishes, mango, and cabbage and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toast the buns
In a large frying pan, place the buns, cut sides down, and cook over medium-high heat until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven. Transfer to a work surface. Do not clean the pan.
Heat the pork
- Set aside half the barbacoa glaze for serving.
In the same pan used for the buns, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the pork and cook, stirring once or twice, until the meat is heated through and begins to crisp around the edges, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in up to half the barbacoa glaze to taste (see Chef’s Tip). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place the bun bottoms, cut sides up, on individual plates. Top with the pork and some of the mango slaw and garnish with as many jalapeños as you like. Close with the bun tops. Serve the remaining slaw and barbacoa glaze on the side.
- Juice the lemon.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Measure the oil for cooking the pork.
- Place the bun bottoms on plates.