In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy barbacoa tofu burgers with chipotle cauliflower and guacamole
Dairy-Free, Spicy, Vegan
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
With a spicy barbacoa glaze and a cooling dollop of guacamole, these aren’t your standard tofu burgers. Charred, smoky-spiced cauliflower stands in for the usual fries.
In your bag
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder (optional)
- 2 Hodo organic tofu burgers
- 2 vegan whole wheat buns
- Sun Basket guacamole (avocado - fresh lime juice - kosher salt - ascorbic acid - black pepper)
- Sun Basket barbacoa glaze (tomato paste - Dijon mustard - chipotle chiles in gluten-free adobo - maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt - cinnamon)
- 1 ounce pickled jalapeños (optional)
Calories: 680, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 27g (108% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 1560mg (65% DV), Carbohydrates: 96g (32% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 7g (14% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
- Juice the lime. [Juice 1 lime; save the remaining lime.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the tofu burgers.
Cook the tofu burgers; toast the buns
In the same pan used for the cauliflower, working in batches if needed, place the buns, cut sides down, and cook over medium-high heat until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven.
Assemble the burgers
- Juice the lime.
- Time the tofu burgers.
- Top the bun bottoms with the burgers.
- Slather the burgers with guacamole.