Blackened sole with citrus pico de gallo and cauliflower “rice”
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
30 – 45 Minutes
We give this Cajun seafood classic a Mexican spin with a bright citrus salsa, and keep things paleo and gluten-free with a savory side of cauliflower “rice.”
In your bag
- 2 mixed citrus fruits (such as 1 grapefruit and 1 orange)
- 1 red onion
- 3 scallions
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- ½ head cauliflower
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- Blackening spice blend (ancho chile powder - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin)
In Spanish, pico de gallo translates to “the beak of a rooster.” The fresh salsa likely got its name because its bright flavors have quite a bite. Ours works with a wide range of citrus, from grapefruits and oranges to mandarins, tangerines, or satsumas.
Calories: 410, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 41g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.