Spicy butternut squash with pumpkin seed sauce
Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Spicy
25 - 35 Minutes
¡Muy picante! This Southwestern-inspired vegetarian plato or platter gets its fiery kick from the chipotle chiles in our house-made sauce. To temper the heat, we serve it with a dollop of cool yogurt and squeeze of lime. The result has all the layered, authentic flavor you might find at a bordertown cantina.
- ¾ pound peeled chopped butternut squash
- Squash seasoning blend (cinnamon - cumin)
- 1 to 2 shallots
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh basil
- 1 lime
- Pumpkin seed sauce base (chipotle chiles in gluten-free adobo - roasted red bell peppers - pumpkin seeds - fresh garlic - canola olive oil blend - salt)
- 4 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
Roast the squash
In a bowl, combine the butternut squash with the squash seasoning blend and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Season generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread the squash on a sheet pan in an even layer. Roast in the oven until browned and tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
While the squash roasts, make the sauce.
Make the pumpkin seed sauce
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
Warm the tortillas
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 700, Protein: 20 g, Total Fat: 45 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 26.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 15.5 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Carbohydrates: 63 g, Fiber: 14 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 880 mg