In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy Caribbean-style pollock over coconut rice and beans
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Fire up your taste buds with our Jamaican jerk pollock, seasoned with a spicy blend of chipotle chile powder, garlic, allspice, and cayenne. Is it hot in here, or is it just this dish?
In your bag
- ½ cup cooked kidney beans
- ¾ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 ounces organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 10 ounces wild skinless pollock pieces
- Sunbasket Jamaican jerk seasoning (chipotle chile powder - granulated garlic - allspice - ground ginger - cayenne - cloves)
Calories 600, Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 240mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 75g (27% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice and beans
- Rinse the kidney beans.
In a small [medium] sauce pot, combine the rice, coconut milk, and 1¼ cups [2 cups] water and season lightly with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is almost tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in the beans, cover, and cook until the beans are heated through, the rice is tender, and the liquid is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm. While the rice and beans are cooking, prepare the rest of the meal.
Pickle the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
In a medium bowl, combine the onion, cabbage, lime zest and juice, and cilantro. Season lightly with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry on a paper-towel-lined plate; season lightly with salt and pepper and half the Jamaican jerk seasoning, adding more if desired.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil until hot but not smoking. Arrange the pollock pieces in an even layer and cook, undisturbed, until very lightly browned on one side, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the fish and cook until opaque and flaky, about 1 minute.
Transfer the rice and beans to individual bowls and top with the fish. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pickled vegetables from the brine. Garnish the fish with as many vegetables as you like and serve.
- Rinse the beans.
- Combine the rice, coconut milk, and water in a sauce pot.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Garnish the fish with the pickled vegetables.