In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy chicken tinga tacos with black beans and pico de gallo
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Spicy, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Hailing from the Mexican city of Puebla, this dish traditionally takes hours to make. But thanks to our pre-made tinga sauce, we get it to your table faster than you can say muy delicioso!
In your bag
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts strips
- Cooked black beans
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket tinga sauce (Sunbasket vegetable stock - organic onions - diced tomatoes - tomato paste - extra virgin olive oil - lime juice - arrowroot powder - chipotle chiles in gluten-free adobo - sweet smoked paprika - kosher salt - lime zest - granulated garlic - onion powder)
- Sunbasket pico de gallo (organic tomato - organic onions - organic jalapeño - red wine vinegar - lime juice - minced cilantro - kosher salt)
- Organic fresh cilantro
- Mi Rancho Artisan tortillas
Calories 690, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 1150mg (50% DV), Total Carb. 75g (27% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the beans and your protein
- Rinse the black beans.
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; crumble or cut into ½-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring once or twice, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir in the tinga sauce and beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until your protein is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes for regular shrimp; 3 to 5 minutes for jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken; and 5 to 6 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate and season to taste with salt and pepper. While your protein is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the toppings; heat the tortillas
- In a small bowl, season the pico de gallo to taste with salt and pepper.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, warm the 6  tortillas, turning once, until just pliable and warmed through, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel, cover, and keep warm.
Set out the tortillas, your protein, pico de gallo, and cilantro. Invite everyone to assemble their own tacos.