In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy chipotle-rubbed steaks with vegetable skewers and “creamy” slaw
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Spicy, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Bring outdoor cooking indoors with these golden brown vegetable skewers and pan-seared steaks, perfectly seasoned with chipotle for a smoky kick.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic New York strips (about 7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 5 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Wooden skewers
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket “creamy” slaw dressing (paleo mayo - honey - apple cider vinegar - celery seeds)
Calories 440, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 200mg (9% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 30g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and as much chipotle chile powder as you like.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare for top sirloins and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. Wipe out the pan.
For the New York strips:
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. Wipe out the pan.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the vegetable skewers.
Prep the vegetables; assemble the skewers
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise.
Cook the skewers
While the skewers cook, prepare the slaw.
Make the slaw
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Toss the vegetables with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Thread the vegetables onto skewers.
- Assemble the slaw.