In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy chipotle turkey and sweet potato chili with cabbage slaw
Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Diabetes-Friendly, Spicy, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Cook up some contest-worthy chili with ground turkey, sweet potato, and our signature tomato base and spice blend. It’s a paleo, clean-eating champion of a dinner.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic green or other bell pepper
- Sun Basket chili spice blend (chipotle chile powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- Sun Basket tomato base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic)
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Calories: 470, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 200mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 45g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the chili ingredients
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup (½ cup).
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato; cut the potato into ½-inch pieces.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
Cook the chili
Add the shallots and sweet potato to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the chili spice blend and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the turkey, tomato base, bell pepper, and 2 cups (3 cups) water, season with salt, and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through, the vegetables are tender, and the chili has thickened, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. When the chili is almost done, prepare the cabbage slaw.
Make the cabbage slaw
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Measure the shallots.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Measure the water for the chili.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Garnish the chili.