In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chipotle turkey chili with jicama-radish salad
Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Cook up some contest-worthy chili with our signature spice blend, ground turkey, and sweet potato for a paleo, clean-eating champion of a dinner.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Turkey chili spice blend (granulated garlic - chili powder - cumin - coriander)
- Chipotle spice blend (chipotle chile powder - sweet smoked paprika) (optional)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ pound jicama
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 1 lime
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon sumac
Make It Leaner
Use just 1 teaspoon oil in Step 3 when preparing the jicama-radish salad to shave off 20 calories and 2.5 grams of fat from each serving. To slash another 170 calories and 9 grams of fat per serving, serve only two-thirds of the chili and save the rest for lunch the next day.
Calories: 520, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 490mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 39g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV).
Wash produce before use
Prep the chili ingredients
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Trim the ends and cut the potato in half crosswise. Cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-wide slices, the slices lengthwise into ½-inch-thick sticks, then the sticks into ½-inch cubes.
Cook the chili
Add the sweet potato, tomatoes, vegetable broth, and 1 cup water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is tender, the turkey is cooked through, and the chili has thickened, 20 to 25 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the chili is almost done, prepare the jicama-radish salad.
Make the jicama-radish salad
- Using a sharp knife or a peeler, remove the peel from the jicama; cut the white flesh into ½-inch-thick sticks.
- Trim the ends from the radishes; thinly slice the radishes.
- Juice the lime.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.