In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy duck mole tacos with cabbage-radish slaw and queso fresco
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Spicy, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 970 Calories/Serving
Holy mole! Spice up taco night with these deluxe duck confit tacos. Thanks to our magical mole base, you can make a quick and easy sauce complete with Mexican chocolate and all.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ¼ pound organic shredded Savoy or other cabbage
- Sunbasket Aleppo chile–lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - Aleppo chile flakes)
- ¾ ounce Mexican chocolate
- Sunbasket mole base (canola oil - dried New Mexican chiles - tomato paste - garlic - toasted sesame oil - ancho chile powder - cumin - dried Mexican oregano - allspice)
- ½ pound duck confit
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 2½ ounces queso fresco
Calories 970, Total Fat 64g (82% DV), Sat. Fat 20g (100% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 195mg (65% DV), Sodium 710mg (31% DV), Total Carb. 51g (19% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 51g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (almond, cashew, coconut, hazelnut, pecan)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the cabbage-radish slaw
- Thinly slice the radishes.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
In a medium bowl, combine the cabbage, radishes, cilantro, Aleppo chile–lime vinaigrette base, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the duck mole
- Coarsely chop the chocolate.
In a medium [large] sauce pot over medium heat, combine the mole base and 1 cup [2 cups] water. Stir in the chocolate, increase the heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring or whisking often, until the chocolate has melted and the sauce is smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the duck confit, reduce the heat to low, and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until the duck is heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the duck mole is cooking, prepare the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
- Crumble the queso fresco if needed; set aside for garnish.
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, warm the 6  tortillas, turning once, until just pliable and warmed through, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel, cover, and keep warm.
Set out the tortillas, duck mole, cabbage-radish slaw, and queso fresco. Invite everyone to assemble their own tacos.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Count the tortillas.
- Crumble the queso fresco.
- Help set out the taco fillings.