In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy Jamaican black bean tostadas with sweet peppers and mango slaw
Spicy, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
The refried beans in these vegan tostadas are seasoned with a smoky allspice-rich Jamaican spice blend and then topped with a tangy-sweet mango slaw.
In your bag
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ¼ pound organic sweet mini peppers
- ¾ pound organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 1 organic mango
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- 1½ cups cooked black beans
- 2 tablespoons diced mild green chiles
- Sunbasket Jamaican spice blend (chipotle chile powder - granulated garlic - allspice - ground ginger - cayenne - cloves)
Calories: 630, Protein: 15g (30% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 200mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 79g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Crisp the tortillas
Prep and cook the peppers and cabbage
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; cut the peppers lengthwise into quarters.
Stir the cabbage into the pan and cook over high heat until lightly browned and starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Do not clean the pan. While the peppers and cabbage are cooking, prepare the remaining slaw ingredients.
Make the slaw
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit. Cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions crosswise into 2-inch pieces, then lengthwise into thin strips.
- Juice the lime.
Cook the refried beans
- Rinse the black beans.
- Juice the lime.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Rinse the beans.
- Measure the water for the beans.
- Top the tostadas with the peppers and slaw.