In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy Jamaican jerk pork with mango-avocado salad
Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Spicy
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
Inspired by the classic Jamaican barbecue rub, our custom spice blend gives these fast, easy pork loin chops much more flavor than the short cooking time might suggest.
In your bag
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket spicy Jamaican jerk seasoning (chipotle chile powder - granulated garlic - allspice - ground ginger - cayenne - cloves)
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
- 1 organic mango
- 1 organic avocado
- Sunbasket honey-lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - honey - Aleppo chile flakes)
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
Calories 770, Total Fat 47g (60% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 130mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 46g (17% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 29g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 46g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel. Cut the pork crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices; season with salt and pepper and rub all over with the Jamaican jerk seasoning.
While the pork cooks, start preparing the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit. Cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ½-inch pieces.
- Time the pork.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.