In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy jerk chicken with gingered nectarine slaw
Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Spicy
2 Servings, 330 Calories/Serving
This Caribbean-inspired dish is all about big, bold flavors. For smokiness and a touch of heat, we season the chicken with chipotle chile, allspice, and cayenne.
In your bag
- 1 organic nectarine or other stone fruit
- 2 organic celery ribs
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ pound organic shredded green or other cabbage
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket spicy Jamaican jerk seasoning (chipotle chile powder - granulated garlic - allspice - ground ginger - cayenne - cloves)
- 3 organic scallions
Calories: 330, Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 170mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates: 19g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the slaw
- Cut the nectarine in half and remove the pit; thinly slice the fruit.
- Thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Coarsely chop the fennel seeds.
- Measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lime juice; save the rest for another use.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper and as much jerk seasoning as you like.
Prep the scallions; finish the slaw
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] for garnish.
- Measure the ginger.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Time the chicken.
- Garnish with the scallions.