In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy jerk chicken with gingered peach slaw
Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Spicy, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 400 Calories/Serving
Inspired by Caribbean cooking, this jerk chicken gets smoky notes from chipotle chile and a kick from cayenne—paired with a stone fruit slaw to cool things down.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅛ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 2 organic peaches or other stone fruit
- 1 organic fennel bulb
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1 organic lime
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket spicy Jamaican jerk seasoning (chipotle chile powder - granulated garlic - allspice - ground ginger - cayenne - cloves)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories: 400, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 440mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 32g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 20g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the slaw
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits; thinly slice the fruit.
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut the quarters lengthwise into enough ¼-inch-thick slices to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Juice the lime.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Season with salt, if desired, and pepper and as much jerk seasoning as you like.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the parsley and finish the slaw.
Prep the parsley; finish the slaw
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Measure the fennel and ginger.
- Juice the lime.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.