Spicy mojo-marinated steak fajitas with guacamole and salsa
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Spicy
25 – 40 Minutes
We brought together two things our customers love—fajitas and our mojo marinade. Chipotle chiles bring a subtle spicy kick, while guacamole and a grape tomato salsa cool it all down.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Sun Basket spicy mojo marinade (chipotle chiles in gluten-free adobo - orange juice - lime juice - EVOO - garlic - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes - onion - cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Sun Basket guacamole (avocado - lime juice - kosher salt - ascorbic acid - black pepper)
If making this dish for four people, cook the steak strips in two batches, adding more oil to the pan between batches if needed.
Make It Ahead
The steak can be marinated (Step 1) up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Before cooking the meat, let it come to room temperature and proceed with the rest of the recipe (Steps 2 through 5).
Calories: 730, Protein: 47g (94% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 750mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 73g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 2g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.