Spicy mojo-marinated steak fajitas with avocado salsa
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
25 – 40 Minutes
Avocado salsa adds a cooling element to these smoky chipotle mojo-marinated steak fajitas. Marinate the steak ahead of time for quicker prep before dinner.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Sun Basket spicy mojo marinade (chipotle chiles in gluten-free adobo - fresh orange juice - fresh lime juice - EVOO - fresh garlic - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes - onion - cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon roasted pumpkin seeds
You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Make It Ahead
The steak can be marinated (Step 1) up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Before cooking the meat, return to room temperature and continue with the rest of the recipe.
Calories: 740, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 17g (68% DV), Total Fat: 41g (63% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 390mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 53g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.