Spicy mojo-marinated steak fajitas with guacamole and salsa
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Spicy
25 – 40 Minutes
Guacamole adds a cooling element to these smoky chipotle mojo-marinated steak fajitas. Marinate the steak ahead of time for quicker prep before dinner.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Sun Basket spicy mojo marinade (chipotle chiles in gluten-free adobo - orange juice - lime juice - EVOO - garlic - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes - onion - cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Sun Basket guacamole (avocado paste - lime juice - kosher salt - ascorbic acid - black pepper)
You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Make It Ahead
The steak can be marinated (Step 1) up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Before cooking the meat, let it come to room temperature and proceed with the rest of the recipe (Steps 2 through 5).
Calories: 730, Protein: 46g (92% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 740mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 64g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.