In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy mojo-marinated steak fajitas with guacamole and salsa
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Spicy, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
We brought together two things our customers love—fajitas and our mojo marinade. Chipotle chiles bring a subtle spicy kick, while guacamole and a grape tomato salsa cool it all down.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Sun Basket spicy mojo marinade (chipotle chiles in gluten-free adobo - orange juice - lime juice - EVOO - garlic - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes - onion - cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Sun Basket guacamole (avocado - lime juice - kosher salt - ascorbic acid - black pepper)
If making this dish for four people, cook the steak strips in two batches, adding more oil to the pan between batches if needed.
Make It Ahead
The steak can be marinated (Step 1) up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Before cooking the meat, let it come to room temperature and proceed with the rest of the recipe (Steps 2 through 5).
Calories: 730, Protein: 47g (94% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 750mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 73g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 2g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak marinates, prepare the salsa, garnishes, and tortillas.
Make the salsa; prep the garnishes
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
Cook the steak
Prep and cook the beans
- Rinse the black beans.
- Stir the salsa.
- Count the tortillas.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Measure the water for the beans.
- Help assemble the fajitas.