Spicy penne arrabbiata with Italian sausage and roasted bell peppers

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

New

Spicy penne arrabbiata with Italian sausage and roasted bell peppers

Soy-Free, Spicy

1 Serving, 720 Calories/Serving

20–25 Minutes (Conventional oven)

3–4 Minutes (Microwave oven)

Have pasta on the brain? Then heat up this dish. Arrabbiata means “angry” in Italian—cayenne pepper and crushed chili flakes do heat things up—but this penne is nothing but pure joy. 

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

Ingredients

Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your box.
  • Spicy arrabbiata sauce (water - crushed tomatoes - diced tomatoes - tomato paste - organic onions - organic carrots - organic celery - extra virgin olive oil - organic garlic - minced basil - red chile flakes - kosher salt - cayenne - dried oregano - black pepper)
  • Penne
  • Italian pork sausage
  • Organic bell peppers
  • Organic onions
  • Italian cheese blend (mozzarella - provolone)
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Kosher salt
  • Black pepper

Nutrition per serving

Calories: 720, Protein: 33g, Fiber: 6g (21% DV), Total Fat: 38g (49% DV), Saturated Fat: 14g (70% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 940mg (41% DV), Carbohydrates: 59g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV)..
Contains: Milk, Wheat

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.

Instructions

Wash produce before use

Heat, Season, and Serve

We delivered this meal fresh because it tastes best that way (heated of course!). If you need to freeze it to cook later, no worries, that works too.

 

Remove plastic from tray and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon water. 

Microwave: Cook 3–4 minutes (6–8 if frozen). 

Oven: Cover with foil and bake at 425°F, 20–25 minutes (35–45 if frozen, stirring after 20 minutes). 

We seasoned this lightly. Add salt and pepper to your heart’s content.

 

Ovens may vary. Per USDA recommendations, heat to at least 165°F. Do not expose tray to open flame or direct contact with heating element.