In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spiced shrimp with sautéed chard and ajo blanco sauce
Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 320 Calories/Serving
We use the creamy Spanish soup known as ajo blanco, which includes almonds and garlic, as a luscious sauce for spiced shrimp, hearty chard, and a crisp radish relish.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 organic lemon
- ¼ pound organic chopped chard or other leafy greens
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon Urfa chile flakes
- Sunbasket ajo blanco sauce base (almond milk - almond meal - garlic)
- 1½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
Nutrition per serving
Calories 320, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 200mg (67% DV), Sodium 370mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 10g (4% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 3g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the radish relish
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice the lemon. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
In a small bowl, stir together the radishes, parsley, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook the chard
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the chard, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan. While the chard is cooking, prepare the shellfish.
Prep and cook the shellfish
For shrimp and jumbo shrimp:
- Rinse and drain the shrimp; pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl; season lightly with salt and pepper and as much Urfa chile as you like and toss to coat.
In the same pan used for the chard, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for regular shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the ajo blanco sauce.
- Rinse and drain the scallops; pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Transfer the scallops to a large bowl; season lightly with salt and pepper and as much Urfa chile as you like and toss to coat.
In the same pan used for the chard, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the ajo blanco sauce.
Warm the ajo blanco sauce
In a small sauce pot over medium heat, combine the ajo blanco sauce base and sherry vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Divide the sauce between 2  individual plates.
Place the chard on top of the ajo blanco sauce on the plates. Spoon on the shellfish, top with the radish relish, and serve.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the radish relish.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the radish relish.