In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spiced shrimp with chard and ajo blanco sauce
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
We use the creamy Spanish soup known as ajo blanco, which includes almonds and garlic, as a base for spiced shellfish, hearty chard, and a crisp radish relish.
In your bag
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 bunch organic peppermint chard or other chard (about ½ pound)
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon Urfa chile flakes
- Sun Basket ajo blanco sauce base (almond milk - almond meal - fresh garlic)
- 1½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
Calories: 520, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 215mg (72% DV), Sodium: 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 15g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the radish relish
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice the lemon. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
Prep and cook the chard
- Strip the chard leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves and stems, keeping them separate.
While the chard cooks, prepare the shellfish.
Prep and cook the shellfish
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl; season lightly with salt and pepper and as much Urfa chile as you like and toss to coat.
While the shrimp cook, prepare the ajo blanco sauce.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel. Transfer the scallops to a large bowl; season lightly with salt and pepper and as much Urfa chile as you like and toss to coat.
While the scallops cook, prepare the ajo blanco sauce.
Warm the ajo blanco sauce
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the radish relish.
- Strip the chard leaves.
- Garnish with the radish relish.