In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy scrambled egg bhurji with sweet potato “toasts”
Lean & Clean, Vegetarian, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Spicy, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Transform plain scrambled eggs into a mouthwatering meal with tomatoes, serrano chile, and fragrant spices—best spooned over sweet potato “toasts.”
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic red onion
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic serrano or other fresh chile (optional)
- 6 organic eggs
- Sunbasket bhurji spice blend (garam masala - sweet paprika - curry powder - cayenne)
- 1 cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 570, Total Fat 25g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 460mg (153% DV), Sodium 620mg (26% DV), Total Carb. 57g (19% DV), Fiber 9g (36% DV), Total Sugars 22g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 22g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sweet potato “toasts”
- Scrub the sweet potato. Cut the potato lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 2 teaspoons [1 TBL].
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- If using the serrano, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; finely chop the serrano. Wash your hands after handling.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
Cook the bhurji
Reduce the heat to medium, add the eggs, and stir them into the sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are set, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Toss the sweet potato with oil and season.
- Measure the ginger.
- Garnish with the cilantro.