In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy shrimp over smashed cucumber salad
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Spicy
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
For a lighter spin on Bonefish Grill’s Bang Bang Shrimp, we toss crisp shellfish in a fiery blend of Frank’s RedHot cayenne pepper sauce and paleo mayo.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- ¼ pound organic shredded Savoy or other cabbage
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket hot sauce (paleo mayo - Frank’s RedHot cayenne pepper sauce)
Calories: 430, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 175mg (58% DV), Sodium: 850mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and smash the shallots and cucumber
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Cut the cucumber lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
Prep and cook the shellfish
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the arrowroot powder.
For the scallops:
- Rinse and drain the scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and sprinkle with the arrowroot powder.
While the shellfish is cooking, assemble the salad.
Finish the salad and shellfish
In a medium bowl, stir together the shellfish and hot sauce; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the shallots, cucumber, and vinegar and smash.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Time the shellfish.
- Assemble the salad.