In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy shrimp over smashed cucumber salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Pescatarian, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving
For a lighter spin on Bonefish Grill’s Bang Bang Shrimp, we toss crisp shellfish in a fiery blend of Frank’s RedHot cayenne pepper sauce and paleo mayo.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- ¼ pound organic shredded Savoy or other cabbage
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket spicy mayo (paleo mayo - Frank’s RedHot cayenne pepper sauce)
Calories 410, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 175mg (58% DV), Sodium 860mg (37% DV), Total Carb. 26g (9% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 19g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and smash the shallots and cucumber
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Cut the cucumber lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
Prep and cook the shellfish
For the shrimp:
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the arrowroot powder.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for regular shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
For the scallops:
- Rinse and drain the scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and sprinkle with the arrowroot powder.
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
While the shellfish is cooking, assemble the salad.
Finish the salad and shellfish
To the bowl with the shallots and cucumber, add the cabbage, carrots, and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Season generously with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
In a medium bowl, stir together the shellfish and spicy mayo; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the shallots, cucumber, and vinegar and smash.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Time the shellfish.
- Assemble the salad.