In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy sole with Greek vinaigrette and chickpeas
Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving
As an accompaniment for chile flake–crusted seafood, we cook chickpeas with sweet grape tomatoes until they’re soft and creamy. This healthy dish is perfect for a night in.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, avoid using salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket Greek vinaigrette (EVOO - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - lemon zest - black pepper - dried oregano)
Calories: 410, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 530mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 3g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chickpeas
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
While the chickpeas cook, prepare the seafood.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season with salt, if desired, and pepper and sprinkle with as many red chile flakes as you like.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt, if desired, and sprinkle with as many red chile flakes as you like.
- Measure the shallots.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Drizzle the seafood with the vinaigrette.
- Garnish with the parsley.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.