In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy Thai chicken skewers with mango-radish salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
In this finger-licking-good paleo dinner, a sweet and crunchy mango-radish salad brings a welcome chill factor to the smoldering heat of the chicken skewers.
In your bag
- 2 to 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- Sunbasket coconut seasoning blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar)
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket spicy khao soi paste (water - curry powder - dried New Mexican chiles - ginger - garlic - turmeric)
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic mango
- 1 head organic Artisan romaine or other lettuce
- Wooden skewers
Calories 370, Total Fat 13g (17% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 370mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 42g (15% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 29g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the radishes
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
In a small sauce pot, bring the coconut seasoning blend to a boil. Remove from the heat, add the radishes, and season with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Marinate the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, stir together the chicken and spicy khao soi paste. Let stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 1-inch lengths.
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit. Cut the fruit into 1-inch chunks.
- Trim the root end from the romaine; coarsely chop the leaves.
Skewer and cook the chicken and scallions
Using 6  wooden skewers, thread the chicken and scallions onto the skewers, alternating the ingredients; reserve the marinade.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the chicken skewers and marinade and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed. Season the skewers with salt and pepper. When the skewers are almost done, assemble the salad.
Make the mango-radish salad
Using a slotted spoon, remove the pickled radishes from the brine. In a large bowl, toss together the mango, romaine, radishes, and as much coconut seasoning blend from the pot as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the chicken skewers and mango-radish salad to individual plates and serve.
- Count the skewers.
- Time the chicken skewers.
- Assemble the salad.