In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy Thai chicken with warm jicama–orange salad and cashew-lime sauce
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Some like it hot . . . and some like it hotter. In this Thai-inspired dish, we dial up the heat by slathering juicy chicken thighs with our blazing red curry paste and serving them with a refreshing jicama salad.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about ½ pound)
- ½ pound organic jicama
- 1 organic orange
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket cashew-lime glaze (cashew butter - lime juice - coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - garlic - sambal oelek - ginger)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Calories 430, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 590mg (26% DV), Total Carb. 33g (12% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 25g
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish (shrimp), Tree Nuts (cashew), Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and rub with half the red curry paste, adding more if desired.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly. Cut the chicken into ½-inch-thick slices. Wipe out the pan. While the chicken is cooking and cooling, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Using a sharp knife or a peeler, remove the peel from the jicama; cut the white flesh into ½-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices lengthwise into ½-inch-thick sticks.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange. Cut the fruit lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices. Discard any seeds. Alternatively, see Chef’s Tip on supreming.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cashew-lime glaze and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water. Set aside for serving.
Make the warm jicama–orange salad
In the same pan used for the chicken, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the cabbage, jicama, and carrots and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the orange, mint, and lime juice and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the warm jicama–orange salad to individual bowls and top with the chicken. Spoon over as much cashew-lime sauce as you like and serve any remaining sauce on the side.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Time the cooking.