In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy Thai-style beef with broccoli and basmati rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 810 Calories/Serving
Steak and broccoli get authentic Thai treatment in a healthier version of this take-out favorite, which takes less time than it might for delivery to arrive.
In your bag
- ¾ cup basmati rice
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- ¾ pound organic broccoli
- Sunbasket coconut curry base (coconut milk - fresh ginger - fresh garlic - gluten-free tamari - fish sauce - Chinese chiles - ground turmeric)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai (or Italian) basil
Calories 810, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 12g (60% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 1690mg (73% DV), Total Carb. 76g (28% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 43g
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks, prepare the broccoli.
Prep the broccoli; cook the curry
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim off any coarse stems.
Add the steak and any accumulated juices and simmer until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the curry cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the lime into wedges. [Cut 1 lime into wedges; save the remaining lime.]
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Strip the basil leaves.