In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey Bolognese over zucchini and carrot ribbons
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Want a magical Bolognese on the table in 20 minutes? We chop the mirepoix and make the sauce base for you so—presto!—dinner is ready in a flash.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic zucchini or yellow squash (about ¾ pound total)
- 2 organic carrots
- Your choice of protein
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sunbasket Bolognese sauce base (tomatoes - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - extra virgin olive oil - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - cayenne - black pepper - dried thyme)
Calories 450, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 430mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 29g (11% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 26g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the zucchini and carrot ribbons
- Lay the zucchini flat. Trim and discard the round end. Holding the stem end secure, using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel or scrub the carrots and trim the ends. Lay the carrots flat; using a peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons.
Transfer the zucchini and carrots to a colander and sprinkle lightly with salt. Let stand while you start the Bolognese.
Prep your protein
- Ground meat (including plant based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; crumble or cut into ½-inch pieces.
Cook the Bolognese
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the mirepoix, season generously with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add your protein, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until the protein is lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the Bolognese sauce base and cook until the protein is cooked through and the sauce is hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm. Meanwhile, cook the vegetables.
Cook the zucchini and carrot ribbons
In another large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the zucchini and carrot ribbons, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the vegetables start to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Transfer the zucchini and carrot ribbons to individual bowls, top with the Bolognese, and serve.
- Pat the zucchini dry.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Sprinkle the vegetable ribbons with salt.
- Time the cooking.