In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey Bolognese over zucchini and carrot ribbons
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Spicy, Paleo, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Skip the carbs and try this delicious paleo version of spaghetti Bolognese. Made with crisp-tender vegetable ribbons and our house-made sauce, it’s ready in just 20 minutes.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic zucchini or yellow squash (about ¾ pound total)
- 2 organic carrots
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sun Basket Bolognese sauce base (tomatoes - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - cayenne - black pepper - dried thyme)
Calories: 450, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 400mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the zucchini and carrot ribbons
- Trim the ends from the zucchini. Lay the zucchini flat; using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel or scrub the carrots and trim the ends. Lay the carrots flat; using a peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons.
Prep the turkey; cook the Bolognese
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Add the turkey, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the Bolognese sauce base and cook until the turkey is cooked through and the sauce is hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm. Meanwhile, cook the vegetables.
Cook the zucchini and carrot ribbons
- Pat the zucchini dry.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Sprinkle the vegetable ribbons with salt.
- Time the cooking.