In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy yuba stir-fry with flat rice noodles, tomatoes, and bok choy
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Spicy
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Listen closely, we’re talking to you-ba. Yuba noodles, a delicious by-product of the soy milk production process, are flavored here with five-spice powder and our spicy Korean chile-mango blend.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ pound Hodo organic spicy yuba noodles
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Sunbasket spicy chile-mango blend (mango - gochujang)
- 2 or 3 heads organic baby bok choy (about ½ pound total)
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
Calories 630, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 800mg (35% DV), Total Carb. 83g (30% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 20g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil. Add the rice noodles and cook until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water, then return to the pot, drizzle with the sesame oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. While the water is heating and the noodles are cooking, start preparing the stir-fry.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Season the yuba noodles with the five-spice powder.
- Divide the sesame seeds into two equal portions, one for the yuba noodles and one for garnish.
- Divide the spicy chile-mango blend into two equal portions, one for the yuba noodles and one for serving.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1-inch-wide pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Cook the stir-fry
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons neutral oil until hot but not smoking. Add the yuba noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes [see Chef’s Tip if cooking for 4 people]. Transfer the yuba noodles to a medium bowl, add half each of the sesame seeds and chile-mango blend, and stir to coat.
In the same pan used for the yuba noodles, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the bok choy and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the stir-fry blend and cook until fragrant and starting to evaporate, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat.
Transfer the rice noodles to individual bowls and top with the yuba noodles and bok choy and tomatoes. Garnish with the remaining sesame seeds and serve the remaining chile-mango blend on the side.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the noodles.
- Drizzle the noodles with sesame oil.
- Divide the sesame seeds into two portions.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds.