In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spinach and kale strata with parsley salad
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Essentially a savory bread pudding, strata makes a terrific supper or brunch dish. Most of the time we think of parsley as an herb, but it’s a lovely salad green, too, with a minerality that balances the richness of the eggs and the cheese. The strata can be baked in any straight-edged gratin dish, loaf pan, or deep skillet.
In your bag
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 1 to 2 shallots
- ¼ pound kale
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 3 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1½ ounces grated Swiss cheese
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 ounce roasted almonds
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
Calories: 740, Protein: 37 g, Fiber: 7 g, Total Fat: 29 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 10.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 12 g, Cholesterol: 300 mg, Sodium: 1200 mg, Carbohydrates: 84 g, Added Sugars: 0 g.
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Toast the bread
- Tear the ciabatta into 1-inch pieces.
Cook the kale and spinach
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Make the strata
Bake the strata
- Butter or oil a baking dish.
Make the parsley salad
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.