In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spinach-artichoke flatbreads with shaved asparagus salad
Soy-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 790 Calories/Serving
Cashew butter is the “creamy” secret to our vegan spinach-artichoke spread; we slather it on flatbreads for a crowd-pleaser that’s an easy dinner or great for entertaining, cut into small squares.
In your bag
- 10 ounces asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 3 ounces baby spinach or other leafy greens such as kale
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 2 whole grain lavash flatbreads
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sun Basket vegan “cream” sauce base (almond milk - cashew butter - granulated garlic - nutritional yeast - onion powder)
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 ounces baby arugula or other leafy greens such as watercress
Calories: 790, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 45g (69% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 28g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 590mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 82g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus. Using a peeler and starting at the base and working toward the tip, thinly shave 3  asparagus stalks into ribbons for the salad. Set aside the remaining whole stalks for cooking. Alternatively, cut the asparagus stalks on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces.
- Zest the lemon and set aside the zest for the whole asparagus stalks; juice half for the salad and cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the spinach.
- Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts.
Toast the flatbreads
- Brush the tops of the flatbreads lightly with oil.
While the flatbreads toast, cook the vegetables.
Cook the asparagus stalks
Cook the vegetables for the flatbreads
In the same pan, stir in the spinach, artichoke hearts, 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil, 1 tablespoon water, and as many chile flakes as you like; season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until the spinach is just wilted and the artichokes are warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vegan “cream” sauce base. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the vegetables cook, finish the salad.
Toss the salad; finish the flatbreads
- Cut the olives in half.
Spread the spinach-artichoke mixture evenly over the flatbreads, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Top with the tomatoes and olives. Cut into squares.
- Snap the ends off the asparagus.
- Juice the lemon.
- Brush the flatbreads with oil.
- Toss the salad.
- Top the flatbreads with the salad.