Spinach-mozzarella panini with seared summer squash and arugula pesto
20 – 30 Minutes
Not your grandmother’s grilled cheese sandwiches, these ooze with melted fresh mozzarella, sautéed spinach, basil, and lightly salty sun-dried tomatoes.
In your bag
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 3 or 4 summer squash (about 1¼ pounds)
- 2 or 3 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ pound baby spinach
- ¼ pound baby arugula
- ½ pound fresh mozzarella
- 5 or 6 sprigs fresh basil
- 4 lavash flatbreads
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- Sun Basket arugula pesto (arugula - walnuts - Parmesan - olive oil - salt)
If you have a panini press, by all means pull it out for this recipe. If you have a grill and feel like cooking outside, brush the outside of the folded lavash lightly with oil and cook the sandwiches over a medium fire.
Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 47g (72% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 13g (65% DV), Cholesterol: 45mg (15% DV), Sodium: 470mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 51g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans