In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spinach-mozzarella panini with seared summer squash and arugula pesto
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
Not your grandmother’s grilled cheese sandwiches, these ooze with melted fresh mozzarella, sautéed spinach, basil, and lightly salty sun-dried tomatoes.
In your bag
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 3 or 4 summer squash (about 1¼ pounds)
- 2 or 3 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ pound baby spinach
- ¼ pound baby arugula
- ½ pound fresh mozzarella
- 5 or 6 sprigs fresh basil
- 4 lavash flatbreads
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- Sunbasket arugula pesto (arugula - walnuts - Parmesan - olive oil - salt)
Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 47g (72% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 13g (65% DV), Cholesterol: 45mg (15% DV), Sodium: 470mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 51g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Soak the sun-dried tomatoes
While the tomatoes soak, prepare the squash and greens.
Prep and cook the squash
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
While the squash cooks, prepare the garlic.
Prep and cook the garlic and greens
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons.
Assemble and cook the panini
- Cut the mozzarella into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and pat dry; thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems.
Warm the pan used for the spinach over medium heat. Working in batches if needed, brush the outside of the panini lightly with oil, add to the hot pan, and cook, turning once, until the flatbread is toasted and the mozzarella has melted, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and slice in half.
While the panini cook, finish the squash.
Dress the squash
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Help assemble the panini.
- Dress the squash.
- Serve the meal.