In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spinach paneer with quinoa and naan
Vegetarian, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
This classic Indian comfort food is rich in protein; first it’s studded with paneer, an Indian cow’s milk cheese, that’s piled onto steamed quinoa stirred with chickpeas. For a creamy finish, Chef Justine dollops the paneer with Greek yogurt before serving.
In your bag
- 1 cup rainbow quinoa
- 2 naan
- 7 ounces paneer
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Fresh ginger
- 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
- ½ pound baby spinach
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons roasted almonds
- ¼ cup fried shallots (contain soy)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
Calories 710, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 12g (60% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 580mg (25% DV), Total Carb. 71g (26% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Protein 30g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the naan.
Toast the naan
While the naan toasts, make the spinach paneer.
Brown the paneer; cook the spinach
- Cut the paneer into ½-inch cubes.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 tablespoon.
- Grate or peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Juice the lemon; set aside half for the quinoa.
In the same pan, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the garlic, ginger, and as much Marash chile as you like and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the spinach and half the lemon juice and cook until the spinach wilts, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat, gently stir in the paneer, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finish the quinoa
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the almonds; set aside for garnish.
- Rinse the quinoa and chickpeas.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Dress the quinoa.
- Serve the meal.