In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spinach salad with chicken, roasted almonds, and honey-mustard vinaigrette
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
We love a good salad, especially when it’s loaded with lean protein, four kinds of veggies, and a sweet vinaigrette to tie it all together. This colorful dish checks all those boxes.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 2 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- Sunbasket honey-mustard vinaigrette base (apple cider vinegar - honey - Dijon mustard)
- 5 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 450, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 260mg (11% DV), Total Carb. 15g (5% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 26g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly, then cut the chicken crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices. While the chicken is cooking and cooling, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Thinly slice the radishes.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
In a small bowl, stir together the honey-mustard vinaigrette base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble the spinach salad
In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, radishes, mushrooms, almonds, and spinach with as much honey-mustard vinaigrette as you like (set aside any remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual bowls and top with the chicken. Serve any remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Time the chicken.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the spinach salad.