In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spinach salad with tomatoes, spicy tempeh “bacon” bits, and pecans
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan, Carb-Conscious, Spicy
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
We updated a throwback spinach salad, swapping in crisp tempeh for bacon to create a gluten- and dairy-free main course that’s great for lunch or dinner.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- Sunbasket spicy “bacon” marinade (maple syrup - gluten-free tamari - sweet smoked paprika - cumin - cayenne)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sunbasket sherry vinaigrette base (sherry vinegar - whole grain mustard)
- 6 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 3 tablespoons pecans
Calories 610, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 770mg (33% DV), Total Carb. 43g (16% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 11g Added Sugars, 22% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Tree Nuts (pecan), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soften and marinate the tempeh
- Crumble or cut the tempeh into ¼-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, stir together the spicy “bacon” marinade and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil.
While the tempeh softens and marinates, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]. Separate the slices into rings.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
Cook the tempeh “bacon” bits
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Measure the water for the tempeh.
- Measure the shallots and separate into rings.
- Stir together the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.