In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spinach salad with tomatoes, spicy tempeh “bacon” bits, and pecans
Carb-Conscious, Spicy, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
We updated a throwback spinach salad, swapping in crisp tempeh for bacon to create a gluten- and dairy-free main course that’s great for lunch or dinner.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- Sunbasket spicy “bacon” marinade (maple syrup - gluten-free tamari - sweet smoked paprika - cumin - cayenne)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sunbasket sherry vinaigrette base (sherry vinegar - whole grain mustard)
- 6 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 3 tablespoons pecans
Calories: 610, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 770mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates: 43g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 11g (22% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (pecan), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soften and marinate the tempeh
- Crumble or cut the tempeh into ¼-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, stir together the spicy “bacon” marinade and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil.
While the tempeh softens and marinates, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]. Separate the slices into rings.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
Cook the tempeh “bacon” bits
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Measure the water for the tempeh.
- Measure the shallots and separate into rings.
- Stir together the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.