In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Persian herb frittata with white bean and barberry salad
Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
This herb-laden frittata, known as kuku sabzi, is often part of the Persian New Year feast in the spring, but we love it anytime of year.
In your bag
- 2 tablespoons barberries
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 6 ounces organic spinach or other leafy greens
- 8 to 10 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 organic eggs
- Sunbasket kuku sabzi seasoning blend (baking powder - fenugreek - dried dill)
- 1 cup cooked white beans
Calories: 470, Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 350mg (117% DV), Sodium: 270mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Rehydrate the barberries; prep the onion
- In a small bowl, cover the barberries with hot tap water and soak until plumped, 4 to 5 minutes, then drain. Set aside for finishing the salad.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]. Finely chop the remaining onion for the frittata.
Prep the frittata mixture
- Finely chop the spinach.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves. Set aside 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] for the salad.
- Crack 2  eggs into a medium bowl. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended. Working with 1 egg at a time, crack the remaining eggs and separate the whites from the yolks; carefully drop the whites into the bowl with the whisked eggs and the yolks into a small bowl. Save the yolks for another use. Using a fork or whisk, vigorously beat the egg whites and eggs until slightly fluffy and fully incorporated.
Cook the frittata
Finish the white bean salad
- Rinse the white beans.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the onion and vinegar.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Assemble the white bean salad.