In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak and charred vegetables with basil and lemon
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Warmer spring weather pairs well with a steak dinner, charred vegetables, fresh basil, and lemon. This paleo meal is dinner-party worthy.
In your bag
- 3 organic scallions
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic rib-eye steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 1 organic New York strip steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- 5 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens such as spinach
Calories 530, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 110mg (37% DV), Sodium 115mg (5% DV), Total Carb. 17g (6% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 42g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the scallion oil
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
Prep and cook the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the ends from the zucchini; cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Remove from the heat and stir in the basil, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] scallion oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir together the scallions, salt, and sugar.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the basil leaves.