In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pan-seared steaks with chimichurri and citrus-walnut salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 810 Calories/Serving
Sweet-tart citrus and delicately bitter chicory lettuce make a tongue-tingling winter salad, served with seared steak for an easy one-pan paleo meal.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic rib-eye steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 head organic escarole or other chicory lettuce
- 2 organic tangerines or other citrus
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- Sunbasket cinnamon vinaigrette base (maple syrup - sherry vinegar - coriander - cinnamon)
- 3 ounces baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket chimichurri (EVOO - fresh parsley - red wine vinegar - fresh cilantro - fresh garlic - cumin - kosher salt)
Calories 810, Total Fat 57g (73% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 110mg (37% DV), Sodium 360mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 33g (12% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 6g Added Sugars, 12% DV), Protein 45g
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the escarole; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the tangerines; cut the tangerines in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Discard any seeds.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts for garnish.
In a large bowl, toss together the escarole, tangerines, arugula, and as much vinaigrette as you like (set aside any remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Peel the tangerines by hand.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.
- Top the steak with chimichurri.
- Garnish the salad with walnuts.