In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pan-seared steaks with chimichurri and citrus-walnut salad
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 810 Calories/Serving
Sweet-tart citrus and delicately bitter chicory lettuce make a tongue-tingling winter salad, served with seared steak for an easy one-pan paleo meal.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic rib-eye steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 head organic escarole or other chicory lettuce
- 2 organic tangerines or other citrus
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- Sun Basket cinnamon vinaigrette base (maple syrup - sherry vinegar - coriander - cinnamon)
- 3 ounces baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sun Basket chimichurri (EVOO - fresh parsley - red wine vinegar - fresh cilantro - fresh garlic - cumin - kosher salt)
A stunning herb-flecked sauce, the versatile condiment known as chimichurri hails from Argentina and Uruguay, where it’s traditionally used as an accompaniment to grilled meats. While vinegar, parsley, garlic, and olive oil are mainstay components, recipes vary widely. We’ve added fresh cilantro and nutty cumin to ours for extra deliciousness.
Calories: 810, Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 57g (88% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 33g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 360mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 33g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the escarole; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the tangerines; cut the tangerines in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Discard any seeds.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts for garnish.
In a large bowl, toss together the escarole, tangerines, arugula, and as much vinaigrette as you like (set aside any remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Peel the tangerines by hand.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.
- Top the steak with chimichurri.
- Garnish the salad with walnuts.