In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pan-seared steaks with chimichurri and citrus-walnut salad
Paleo, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 810 Calories/Serving
Sweet-tart citrus and delicately bitter chicory lettuce make a tongue-tingling winter salad, served with seared steak for an easy one-pan paleo meal.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic rib-eye steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 head organic escarole or other chicory lettuce
- 2 organic tangerines or other citrus
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- Sun Basket cinnamon vinaigrette base (maple syrup - sherry vinegar - coriander - cinnamon)
- 3 ounces baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sun Basket chimichurri (EVOO - fresh parsley - red wine vinegar - fresh cilantro - fresh garlic - cumin - kosher salt)
Calories: 810, Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 57g (88% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 33g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 360mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 33g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the escarole; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the tangerines; cut the tangerines in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Discard any seeds.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts for garnish.
In a large bowl, toss together the escarole, tangerines, arugula, and as much vinaigrette as you like (set aside any remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Peel the tangerines by hand.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.
- Top the steak with chimichurri.
- Garnish the salad with walnuts.