Pan-seared steaks with chimichurri and citrus-walnut salad
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free
25 – 40 Minutes
Sweet-tart citrus and delicately bitter chicory lettuce make a tongue-tingling winter salad, served with seared steak for an easy one-pan paleo meal.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- Chimichurri spice blend (granulated garlic - cumin - sweet smoked paprika)
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 New York strip steak (about ¾ pound; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- ½ head chicory lettuce (such as escarole or frisée; see Market Watch note)
- 2 mandarins (such as satsuma) or tangerines
- 1 ounce walnuts
- Cinnamon vinaigrette base (maple syrup - sherry vinegar - coriander - cinnamon)
- 2 ounces baby greens (such as arugula or spinach)
From escarole to radicchio and frisée, chicory lettuces are akin to lettuce 2.0, a next-level upgrade with sturdier leaves and a delicately bitter flavor. Because organically grown chicories are in limited supply, you may receive peppery arugula instead; if so, skip the chopping in Step 3 and follow the rest of the recipe as written.
Calories: 690, Protein: 46g (92% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 43g (66% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 150mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 32g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: (Maple Syrup): 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.