In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus rib-eye steaks, Lyonnaise potatoes, and horseradish mayo
Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 900 Calories/Serving
Sometimes the simplest combinations yield the tastiest results. This easy-prep steak and potato dish is elegant yet comforting.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 organic russet or other white potatoes (about 1 pound total)
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- Sun Basket horseradish mayo (paleo mayo - Dijon mustard - horseradish - dried dill)
Calories: 900, Protein: 56g (112% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 51g (78% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 140mg (47% DV), Sodium: 410mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 56g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the Lyonnaise potato ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Scrub the potatoes; cut the potatoes crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. If desired, set aside half for garnish.
Cook the onion
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
While the onion cooks, prepare the potatoes and green beans.
Cook the potatoes and beans
In another large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or oil (from your pantry) until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, arrange the potatoes in a single layer, season with salt and pepper, and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, 12 to 14 minutes, adding more butter or oil between batches if needed. Add the green beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. [For four-serving modifications, see the Chef’s Tip.] Remove from the heat, stir in the onion and parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the potatoes and beans cook, prepare the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the onion, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks. Cook, turning over once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices.
Transfer the steaks and Lyonnaise potatoes to individual plates. Top the steaks with as much horseradish mayo as you like and, if using, garnish with the remaining parsley. Serve any remaining mayo on the side.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Top the steaks with horseradish mayo.