In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak and potato hash with cauliflower and chimichurri
Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Argentina gave us chimichurri—and thank goodness they did. Bright and herbaceous, this magical green sauce transforms any steak dinner into next-level delicious.
In your bag
- ¼ pound organic red or gold new potatoes
- ½ head organic cauliflower
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- 2 organic New York strips (about 7 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- Sunbasket steak spice blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - coriander - sweet paprika - dried dill)
- Sunbasket chimichurri (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - red wine vinegar - cilantro - garlic - cumin - kosher salt)
Calories 440, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 290mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 24g (9% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 32g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and start cooking the potatoes and cauliflower
- Scrub the potatoes; cut the potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the potatoes, season generously with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally until the potatoes start to brown and soften, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the cauliflower, season lightly with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. While the cauliflower and potatoes are cooking, prepare the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks; finish the hash
- Cut the steaks into 1-inch pieces; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
To the pan with the potatoes and cauliflower, add the steaks and half the steak spice blend, adding more if desired. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the steaks are lightly browned and cooked to the desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, finish the chimichurri.
Finish the chimichurri
Transfer the chimichurri to a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons water to thin the chimichurri if desired.
Transfer the hash to individual bowls, garnish with the chimichurri, and serve.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Time the cooking.
- Finish the chimichurri.
- Garnish with the chimichurri.