In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak and vegetable stir-fry with cashew-plum sauce
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Sweet and savory is the name of the game. Just ask our chefs, who pair sweet dried plums with rich cashew butter, nutty sesame oil, and zesty ginger for a delicious stir-fry sauce.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 organic scallions
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket cashew-plum stir-fry sauce base (coconut aminos - cashew butter - dried plums - molasses - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
Calories 450, Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 370mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 31g (11% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 17g (Incl. 5g Added Sugars, 10% DV), Protein 36g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut, cashew), Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel and cut the onion into enough ¼-inch-thick slices to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the white parts for the stir-fry and the green parts for garnish.
Cook the vegetables
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the carrots, zucchini, onion, and white parts of the scallions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Do not clean the pan. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare your protein.
Prep your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; crumble or cut into ½-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Cook your protein; finish the stir-fry
In the same pan used for the vegetables, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes.
Add the cashew-plum stir-fry sauce base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until your protein is cooked through, about 30 seconds for regular shrimp; 1 to 2 minutes for jumbo shrimp or scallops; 2 to 3 minutes for steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken; and 4 to 6 minutes for chicken. Stir in the vegetables, remove from the heat, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the stir-fry to individual bowls, garnish with the green parts of the scallions, and serve.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Measure the onion.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Measure the water for the stir-fry.
- Garnish with the scallions.