In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak fajita lettuce wraps with New Mexican chile salsa
Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
In this new and improved spin on a favorite Sunbasket recipe, steak fajita wraps go paleo with sturdy iceberg lettuce leaves and our house-made guacamole to cool the mild chile heat.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- Sunbasket fajita spice blend (cumin - dried Mexican oregano - ancho chile powder - granulated garlic)
- 1 head organic baby iceberg or other lettuce
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket New Mexican chile salsa (water - EVOO - garlic - dried New Mexican chiles - kosher salt - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
- Sunbasket guacamole (avocado - lime juice - kosher salt - ascorbic acid - black pepper)
Calories: 480, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 670mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 22g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the steak browns, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
Cook the vegetables; finish the steak
Add the fajita spice blend and steak and any accumulated juices and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the steak is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for medium. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the vegetables and steak cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Measure the onion.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Top the wraps with the guacamole and cilantro.