Steak fajita lettuce wraps with guacamole
Paleo, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free
20 - 30 Minutes
You won’t miss the flour tortillas in this paleo and gluten-free take on classic fajitas, drizzled with our house-made New Mexican chile salsa.
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- Steak fajita spice blend (dried oregano - cumin - ancho chile powder - granulated garlic)
- 1 head living butter lettuce
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket guacamole (avocado - diced tomatoes - lime juice - fresh garlic - salt - ascorbic acid)
- Sun Basket New Mexican chile salsa (New Mexican chiles - olive oil - fresh garlic - dried Mexican oregano - coriander - salt)
Sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging; drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from both bell peppers; thinly slice the peppers.
- If using, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the jalapeño; thinly slice half into half-moons for the vegetables; finely chop the other half to measure 1 teaspoon for the guacamole. Wash your hands after handling.
Cook the vegetables
Add the steak fajita spice blend, steak, and any accumulated juices; cook, stirring occasionally, until the steak is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for medium. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the vegetables and steak cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the garnishes and guacamole
- Trim the root end from the butter lettuce; separate the lettuce leaves.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 740, Protein: 33g, Total Fat: 57g, Monounsaturated Fat: 37g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 105mg, Carbohydrates: 23g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 1020mg