In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak fajitas with cucumber-radish salsa
2 Servings, 790 Calories/Serving
Sweet bell peppers and scallions perfectly complement juicy beef in these fajitas, which are ready in about 30 minutes and made in just one pan.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Steak fajita spice blend (cumin - dried Mexican oregano - ancho chile powder - granulated garlic)
- 2 mixed bell peppers (such as red and yellow)
- 3 scallions
- 1 green or red fresh chile (such as jalapeño or serrano) (optional)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 or 3 radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 6 Mi Rancho Artisan corn tortillas (contain wheat)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
Here’s a time-saving way to warm all the tortillas at once: Heat the oven to 200°F. Lay a damp kitchen towel on a sheet pan. Arrange the tortillas on one end of the towel, overlapping them slightly; cover them with the other end of the towel. Heat in the oven until warmed through and just pliable, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand, still covered, until ready to use. Be careful of the hot towel when unwrapping.
If you prefer lightly browned scallions and bell peppers in your fajitas, in Step 2, cook the vegetables in batches, a few handfuls at a time, instead of all at once.
Calories: 790, Protein: 60g (120% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 450mg (19% DV), Carbohydrates: 84g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars (Tortillas contain trace amounts of sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, toss the steak with the steak fajita spice blend and season generously with salt.
While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the bell peppers and scallions.
Prep and cook the bell peppers and scallions; finish the steak
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers; cut the peppers into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 2-inch lengths.
- If using the fresh chile, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the chile. Wash your hands after handling.
Add the steak and any accumulated juices and cook, stirring occasionally, until the steak is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for medium. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the steak–bell pepper mixture to a plate. Wipe the pan dry and set aside for the tortillas, if desired.
While the vegetables and steak cook, make the cucumber-radish salsa.
Prepare the salsa
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Juice half the lime; cut the other half into wedges for garnish.
Warm the tortillas
- Juice the lime.
- Stir together the salsa.
- Serve the meal.