Steak fajitas with cucumber-radish salsa
20 – 30 Minutes
Tex-Mex fajitas with juicy beef, sweet sautéed bell peppers, and a crunchy cucumber salsa, ready in just about 20 minutes.
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Steak fajita spice blend (ancho chile powder - granulated garlic - cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 scallions
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 6 Mi Rancho Artisan corn tortillas (contain wheat)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
Stir a squeeze of lime juice into the yogurt to mimic sour cream.
Sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, toss the steak with the steak fajita spice blend and season generously with salt.
While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the bell peppers and scallions.
Prep and cook the bell peppers and scallions; finish the steak
- Remove the stem, seeds, and ribs from the red and yellow bell peppers; cut the peppers into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 2-inch lengths.
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the jalapeño. Wash your hands after handling.
While the vegetables and steak cook, make the salsa.
Prepare the salsa
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Juice half the lime; cut the other half into wedges for garnish.
Warm the tortillas
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 60g (120% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 700mg (29% DV), Carbohydrates: 85g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars (Tortillas contain trace amounts of sugar): 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: milk, wheat.