Steak fajitas with cucumber-radish salsa
20 - 30 Minutes
Radishes and cucumbers make an exceptionally crisp salsa for these Tex-Mex fajitas. Sautéed bell peppers are a traditional accompaniment, perfect for wrapping up in the tortillas with the beef. We’ve cranked up the heat with the addition of a jalapeño, but you should use as much or as little of the spicy chile as you’d like.
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Steak fajita spice blend (ancho chile powder - granulated garlic - cumin - dried oregano)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 scallions
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- 1 or 2 Persian cucumbers
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 6 Sonoma-style tortillas (wheat flour - corn masa)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
Sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, toss the steak with the steak fajita spice blend and season generously with salt.
While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the bell peppers and scallions.
Prep and cook the bell peppers and scallions; finish the steak
- Remove the stems, seeds, and ribs from the red and yellow bell peppers; cut the peppers into ¼-inch-thick strips.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 2-inch lengths.
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem, seeds, and ribs; thinly slice the jalapeño. Wash your hands after handling.
Prepare the salsa
- Trim the ends from the cucumbers; cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Juice half the lime; cut the other half into wedges and set aside for garnish.
Warm the tortillas
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 810, Protein: 42g, Total Fat: 36g, Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 105mg, Carbohydrates: 82g, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 670mg
Contains: milk, wheat