In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak fajitas with cucumber salsa
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
Classic steak fajitas get the Sun Basket treatment with the addition of a fresh cucumber salsa and bright Greek yogurt.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Sun Basket fajita spice blend (cumin - dried Mexican oregano - ancho chile powder - granulated garlic)
- 6 ounces organic sweet mini peppers or bell pepper
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
- 1 organic cucumber
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic lime
- 6 Mi Rancho Artisan tortillas
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
Calories: 770, Protein: 60g (120% DV), Fiber: 17g (68% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 920mg (38% DV), Carbohydrates: 78g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, toss the steak with the fajita spice blend and season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks, prepare the peppers and onion.
Prep and cook the peppers and onion; finish the steak
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; cut the peppers into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Peel and cut the onion into enough ½-inch-thick slices to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; thinly slice any large pieces.
Add the steak and any accumulated juices and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the steak is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for medium. Remove from the heat, stir in the roasted red peppers, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the steak-pepper mixture to a plate. Wipe out the pan and set aside for the tortillas, if desired.
While the vegetables and steak cook, prepare the salsa.
Make the cucumber salsa
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ¼-inch-thick half-moons to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
Warm the tortillas
- Measure the onion and cucumber.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the cucumber salsa.
- Help set out the fajita ingredients.