In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak salad with chipotle vinaigrette and charred scallion relish
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
This main-course steak salad comes together quickly and can be made as spicy or as mild as you’d like.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic New York strips (about 7 ounces each)
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sun Basket chipotle vinaigrette base (EVOO - whole grain mustard - onion - apple cider vinegar - tomato paste - kosher salt - chipotle chile powder)
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños
Calories: 570, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 44g (68% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 30g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 340mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates: 10g (3% DV), Total Sugars: 3g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare for top sirloins and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. Wipe out the pan.
For the New York strips:
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. Wipe out the pan.
While the steaks cook and rest, start preparing the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Thinly slice the radishes.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, and as much chipotle vinaigrette as you like (set aside the remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make the charred scallion relish
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Coarsely chop the pickled jalapeños. Wash your hands after handling.
- Make the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.
- Measure the oil for the relish.
“Delicious and nutritious. Loved the jalapeño scallion relish.” —Ashley P.