In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak salad with roasted red peppers, Kalamata olives, and blue cheese
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
We love a satisfying and savory salad any time of year. Juicy steaks team up with tender chickpeas, roasted red peppers, and earthy spinach in this steakhouse-inspired dish.
In your bag
- Protein options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild jumbo shrimp
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 ounce roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- Sunbasket sweet vinaigrette base (red wine vinegar - maple syrup)
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- ¼ cup fried shallots
- 1 ounce blue cheese
Calories 480, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 590mg (26% DV), Total Carb. 22g (8% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 34g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt " + "per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility " + "that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, " + "Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook your protein
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking.
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Add the steaks to the pan and cook, turning frequently, until well browned and your desired doneness is reached. For medium-rare, that’s 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Add the chicken to the pan and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking, turning occasionally, until firm and cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the chicken into ½-inch thick slices.
- Pat the halibut dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Add the halibut to the pan and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
For jumbo shrimp:
- Rinse and drain the shrimp; pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Add the jumbo shrimp to the pan and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
While your protein is cooking, make the salad.
Make the salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Coarsely chop the roasted red peppers.
- Check the olives for any pits.
In a large bowl, stir together the sweet vinaigrette base and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the spinach, tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, and roasted red peppers and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the spinach salad to individual bowls. Top with your protein and garnish with the shallots and blue cheese.
- Time the protein.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Garnish the salads with fried shallots and blue cheese.