Steak salad with summer vegetables and romesco vinaigrette
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
Romesco, a sauce from the Catalonia region of Spain, is an earthy blend of roasted peppers, almonds, garlic, smoked paprika, and sherry vinegar, and an ideal match for a well-charred steak and a salad of peak-of-the-season vegetables.
- 2 boneless sirloin steaks
- 1 cup green beans
- 1-2 summer squash
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon caper berries
- Small bunch basil
- ¼ cup toasted almonds
- ¼ cup romesco vinaigrette (roasted peppers - toasted almonds - garlic clove - sherry vinegar -smoked paprika - olive oil - kosher salt)
- 4 cups wild arugula
Season the steak; Prep the vegetables
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Trim the stems from the green beans.
- Cut the squash into ¼-inch thick pieces.
Cook the green beans
While the beans cook, cook the squash.
Cook the squash
Cook the steak
Prep the vegetables and the romesco
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Remove the stems from the caper berries and cut the berries crosswise into thick slices.
- Chop the basil.
- Chop the almonds.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water to the romesco to loosen it slightly.
Nutrition per serving: