In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak and zucchini salad with olives and red pepper vinaigrette
Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
This crisp bed of romaine is a cool canvas waiting for vibrant veggies, your choice of protein, and a crunchy pumpkin seed garnish.
In your bag
- Your choice of protein
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 ounce sliced pitted black olives
- Sunbasket red pepper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories: 470, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 420mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 12g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Cook your protein
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, pork, or plant-based chicken; and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the zucchini on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Cook the zucchini
In the same pan used for your protein, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, arrange the zucchini in a single layer, season with salt and pepper, and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and just starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat.
Assemble the salad
In a large bowl, toss together the romaine, zucchini, tomatoes, olives, and half the red pepper vinaigrette (set aside the remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual bowls, top with your protein, and garnish with the pumpkin seeds. Serve the remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Time the cooking.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the pumpkin seeds.