In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak stir-fry with broccoli, carrots, and sesame seeds
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
This classic stir-fry checks all the boxes thanks to our savory house-made sauce and a colorful medley of vegetables cooked to just the right crisp-tender crunch.
In your bag
- ¾ pound organic broccoli
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic carrot
- Your choice of protein
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 1½ teaspoons sesame seeds
Calories 450, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 450mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 33g (12% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 38g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and steam the vegetables
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Peel the onion and cut in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; thinly slice the carrot on the diagonal.
In a wok or large frying pan, bring ¼ cup [½ cup] water to a boil. Add the broccoli, onion, and carrot and cook until the vegetables are just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the vegetables and transfer to a plate. Wipe the pan dry. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare your protein.
Prep your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Coat with the arrowroot powder.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper (do not coat with the arrowroot powder).
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper (do not coat with the arrowroot powder).
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper (do not coat with the arrowroot powder).
Cook your protein; finish the stir-fry
In the same pan used for the vegetables, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add your protein, spread in a single layer, and cook, undisturbed, 3 to 5 minutes for jumbo shrimp and 1 to 2 minutes for all other proteins, then turn and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute. (If using shrimp, transfer them to a plate.)
Add the steamed vegetables and stir-fry blend to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until your protein is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly, 4 to 5 minutes. (If using shrimp, return them to the pan and stir to incorporate.) Remove from the heat.
Transfer the stir-fry to individual bowls, garnish with the sesame seeds, and serve.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Measure the water for steaming the vegetables.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds.