In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak tacos with zucchini-scallion salsa and lime yogurt
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Lean on calories but big on flavor, these beauties are piled with a grilled vegetable salsa, quick slaw, and lime yogurt in place of sour cream.
In your bag
- 1 ounce pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 3 ounces shredded green cabbage
- Quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- ½ pound zucchini
- 3 scallions
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Steak taco seasoning (cumin - coriander - sweet smoked paprika - salt)
- 2 limes
- Fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 6 Artisan corn tortillas (contain wheat)
To get a nice brown sear on the steak strips, dry the meat as thoroughly as possible and give the pan plenty of time to heat before you start cooking.
Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 16g (25% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 380mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 65g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 21g, Added Sugars (Honey): 8g (16% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Make the quick-pickled cabbage slaw
- If using, coarsely chop the pickled jalapeños.
Prep and cook the zucchini and scallions
- Trim the ends from the zucchini; cut the zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions.
Add the scallions to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook, turning once, until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to the cutting board to cool, then coarsely chop. Do not clean the pan.
While the zucchini and scallions cook and cool, prepare the steak.
Prep and cook the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle all over with the taco seasoning and toss to coat.
While the steak cooks, prepare the zucchini-scallion salsa and lime yogurt.
Finish the zucchini-scallion salsa; make the lime yogurt
- Juice 1 lime (the juice will be divided between the salsa and yogurt). Cut the remaining lime into wedges for garnish.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt and ½ teaspoon lime juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep the radishes; warm the tortillas
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.